Friday, August 14, 2009

This is about 10%, whew we did a lot in a week.

"OYE is building a community and not just that it's building a community of leaders that will continue to grow and expand their community...I think OYE has it right. We can't live in the future anymore than we can live in the past. We must live in the now, and the youth are not the future they are the present. We are the present. As the present we need to do everything to build our community, share our values, and capture and provide opportunity...I really appreciate the time I spent with OYE, and I think I could go on for pages about the things I learned and what I took away from the organization, the country, and more than anything the people, but I think this will give you an idea how important and stimulating I found the trip.

I really can't stop thinking about what I saw and learned in Honduras."


The first looks at El Progreso. The group hit the town with OYE kids to get their barrings.

Can we build it? YES WE CAN!
What would an afternoon be without a nice cool Super Jugo?

Bachatta, Salsa, Marange....no it is Julianne working her killer recorder solos in the office.
Shopping for groceries in El Centro.

Visiting local schools and examining the education system.

Then playing soccer with 200 kiddies!


Window....WOOHOO.


An introdution into the Honduran deaf community with classes and all!


ADIOS PROGRESO! ADIOS LAS GRINGAS!

No comments: